The moly in our formulations is a unique molybdenum compound, also known as a moly-trimer.
Most molys are moly dimers and not as effective. They have 2 moly atoms vs. 3 in each molecule. It is patented chemistry for its unique properties.
- Our moly provides friction reduction and anti-wear benefits.
- Faster acting than conventional moly products at both high and low speeds.
- It also provides oxidation inhibition and protection.
- Benefits can easily be seen in the Sequence IVA, which is the industry standard wear since ILSAC GF-3.
- Friction reducing benefits and a low coefficient of friction are demonstrated in the HFFR test, a high frequency friction rig.
MettlePlus Gold EP Grease Analytical Specifications:
MettlePlus Gold EP Grease is superior lithium complex NLGI grade 2 grease designed to provide excellent lubricating qualities over a wide range of temperatures. Designed for work under the toughest conditions with excellent mechanical and chemical stability. MettlePlus Gold EP Grease is designed to “always stay in place” under the worst operating conditions of water-dirt-mud, providing you with maximum protection and peace of mind. Formulated with a concentrated dose of our specialized metal treatment additive for protection against sliding friction wear. This same additive is used in our Mettle Plus Metal Treatment.
- Meets and exceeds OEM specifications
- Outstanding wide temperature range grease
- Exceptional water washout resistance
- Excellent shock load-carrying ability
- Rust and corrosion inhibited to protect metal surface
- Grease “stays in place”. Less frequent regreasing required
- Oxidation inhibitors permit operations at high temperature for extended periods
- Extremely wide temperature range
- Melting point above 650ºF with lab testing above 700ºF
- Pour point below -10ºF and still workable at -25ºF
- Excellent grease for most sealed-for-life bearings
- Excellent pumpability
Recommended for wheel bearing, including disc brake applications, fifth wheels, U-joints, steering linkage, and chassis lubricant. The adhesive and water resistance qualities of this grease make it an ideal chassis lubricant for “off-road” trucks, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, logging equipment, and mining equipment. Recommended for all types of bearings including plain bearings, heavily loaded journal bearings, ball and roller bearings, needle bearings, and couplings. Recommended for Caterpillar applications like the 994 series loaders and 5130 and 5230 series shovels. RECOMMENDED FOR CENTRALIZED DISPENSING SYSTEMS COMMONLY FOUND IN INDUSTRIAL PLANTS AND ON HEAVY EQUIPMENT.
|Size||Units in Case|
|14 oz tube (414 ml)||10|
|35 lb. pail (15.88 kg)||1|
|120 lb. keg (54.43 kg)||1|
|400 lb. drum (181.44 kg)||1|